I often need to look into the weather reports for Chennai as I miss rainy days & expect it, but it wouldn’t.Moreover I feel more burning fire when I walk into the streets by 11am and my eyes are burning on the way to office by approx. 1pm everyday after I lost my StyleIcon sunglass.
Okay.The above scenario made me to track the weather daily, but Ubuntu doesn’t comes with any such widget and so I need to check for the same.
There comes the ‘Conky’ and I happy to work it.After a few tweaks Conky decorates my desktop.
Look at screen shots first, so that you might wish to install.
Here’s the steps to install the Conky & Weather widget:
- Install Conky
- Get the HTC style Weather widget from DevianArt
- Configure your location in $HOME/.Conky/htc_home/accuweather/accuw_script
- Todo this , first note down the URI for your weather location at www.accuweather.com
- Replace the URI in address variable in $HOME/.Conky/htc_home/accuweather/accuw_script
- Open your console & command the Conky to startup
- Extra-Tip: Add this Conky to Start-Up , so that it every time delights you.
sudo apt-get install conky wget http://www.deviantart.com/download/290958248/conky_htc_home_spill_by_grynays-d4t88tk.zip $HOME/.Conky/htc_home/conkyrc